Wiltshire Fishery Association Chalkstream Weedcutting dates for 2017 on rivers Avon, Wylye and Nadder.
Details of the WFA AGM and speaker are here:
Ladies and Gentlemen,
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WFA ANNUAL MEETING SCHEDULED FOR THIS SATURDAY 8TH OCTOBER HAS HAD TO BE POSTPONED, DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES.
THE NEW DATE FOR THE MEETING WILL BE SUNDAY 4TH DECEMBER AT THE SAME PLACE, LANGFORD LAKES LODGE.
The agenda for the day will include:
· Formal AGM business, including reports on the swan project, weed cutting etc.
· A report on the 2016 fishing season
· A presentation on the Avon catchment sediment pathways project
· A talk by well-known local angler, entomologist and author: PETER HAYES on EMERGING FLYFISHING HERESIES. Peter is the author of two important books: Fly Fishing Outside the Box and Imitators of the Fly, and has been a regular contributor to Trout & Salmon and Fly Fishing & Fly Tying magazines
A sandwich lunch will be provided, for which we will ask a nominal contribution.
After lunch a river walk is planned to a recent river enhancement project site, weather permitting. Please bring suitable clothing.
Please contact the WFA secretary Bob Male on 01722 503939 or firstname.lastname@example.org , before 27th November to let him know if you plan to attend or not. This is essential for the planning of catering.
We very much look forward to seeing you.
The WFA Summer Newsletter 2016 is here:WFA Newsletter Summer 16
Please note the notice for the WFA’s AGM on Saturday 8th October 2016 and in particular the talk by a well known local angler Peter Hayes.
Please email the WFA Secretary if you would like to attend: email@example.com
The proposed WFA Committee meeting dates in 2016 are:
The pattern has emerged for two committee meetings, in spring and summer, and a combined committee and AGM in the autumn. We will continue to meet at Langford Lakes Lodge. The dates for 2016 are:
WFA Committee – Thursday May 5th – 13.00.
WFA Committee – Thursday July 7th – 13.00.
WFA Committee – Saturday 8th October – 10.00
WFA AGM – Saturday 8th October – 13.00.
Bob Male (Hon. Sec.)
The Annual general Meeting of the Wiltshire Fishery Association will take place at The Wiltshire Wildlife Trust’s Lodge at Langford Lakes on October 8th 2015.
The meeting will begin at 13.00, and a free buffet and refreshments will be available from 12.00 to 13.00.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Approval of the Minutes of the last AGM.
3. Matters arising from the Minutes.
4. Financial report on accounts for 2015-16.
5. Chairman’s Report
6. Election of Officers and Committee
7. Any Other Business
A report, “The 2015 Fishing Season”, will be presented.